The Alpine Jacket is our lightest ever 'soft shell' weather resistant and breathable jacket.
Some may say the Rab® Alpine Jacket is a 'heavy' wind-shirt -but they'd be missing the point. We say its more of a technical windproof shell. It's great for mountaineering, backpacking, mountain biking and off road running. Constructed using light, wind resistant Pertex® Equilibrium the Alpine Jacket is much more durable than most windproof shells, is incredibly breathable and offers lightweight weather protection for a range of outdoor activities.
The Rab® Alpine Jacket sits somewhere between a full on lined, insulated, soft shell jacket and ultra light wind-shirts, It really does offer the best of both worlds - especially in milder conditions.
It is featured for mountaineering, so the hood is fully helmet compatible, (but volume can easily be reduced), and the fit is close without being restrictive so as to minimize fabric bulk.
Sizes: S - XXL
Weight: 228g (Large)
- Product Care
- Pertex® Equilibrium fabric
- Helmet-compatible hood with wired peak and kitty clip roll-down closure
- YKK front zip with internal storm flap and chin guard
- 2 YKK zipped A-line pockets
- Elasticated cuffs
- Hem drawcord
- Reflective trim
- Fit: Regular
- We recommend washing on a cool 30 degree wash.
- Avoid using fabric softeners or conditioners.
- Ensure pocket zips are closed and empty before washing.
- Line dry or tumble dry on the lowest setting.
- Iron this garment on a cool setting (one dot)
- Do not dryclean
- Warp: 20d
- Weft: 20d
- DWR/Spray: 80/20
- HH: n/a
- Air Perm: 10cc
- Weight: 49g/m²
- Composition: 100% nylon